To use ばいい, add the conjunction particle ば, to the end of any verb, and then attach the い-Adjective, いい.
- どれを食べればいいか迷ってるところ。About which would be good to eat, I am currently a bit lost.
- 行ければいいけど、行けるか分からない。It would be good if I could go, but I don't know if I can.
- テストでいい点を取りたかったら、勉強すればいいんじゃない？If you want a good grade on your test, shouldn't you just study?
- そんなに疲れているなら、仕事を休めばいい。If you are that tired, you should just take a day off.
- 明日早く起きればいいのに、全然寝れない。Even though I want to wake up early tomorrow, I can't sleep at all.
- 好きなら彼にそう言えばいいのに。Even though you should just say it if you like him… (Why don't you)
- 休めばいいのに、皆真面目だから休まない。They should take a break, but because they are all very diligent, they won't.
I don't know who would be good to ask directions from.
It would probably be good if you exercised.
If you want to go driving, it would be good to get a driver's license.
It would have been good to apologize right away, but he/she didn't apologize after all.
If they want it, then it would be good to say something, but no one is saying anything.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Tae Kim's Japanese Grammar Guide
[AIAIJ] An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
ばいい – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (5 in total)
Should there be a notation for よい? Came across that while reading Harry Potter. Threw me off for a bit, haha.
What’s the main difference between this and といい and -たらいい?
They seem very similar, but it won’t take them as the right answer for ones where it wants the other one.
They are generally interchangeable with small differences being that たらいい feels a bit more casual than といい (and ばいい）and といい cannot be used in questions, while both ばいい and たらいい can, so どうしたらいい and どうすればいい are OK while どうするといい？ is not.
Another thing, when といい is used when giving recommendation/advice it might have a slight nuance of the action advised might generally be recommended thing to do.
Other than that they should be interchangeable (in giving advice (though it adds mentioned nuance), also in all cases where one wishes or wonders with といいんだけど and so on), and if they are not accepted than its an error on our side and I’ll fix it (will check all of the sentences one by one).
I hope it helps,
Got questions about ばいい? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion