やがて + Phrase
In the vast majority of cases, やがて will appear in hiragana.
- そのアニメもあのアニメのようにやがて人気がなくなるでしょう。That anime will probably lose popularity like that anime eventually.
- 毎日漢字を読む練習をしていれば、やがて小説を読めるようになれるだろう。If you practice reading kanji every day, eventually, you will be able to read a novel.
- もう5時なので、やがて日が沈み始めるだろう。It is already 5 p.m. so the sun will probably set soon.
- やがて６０歳になるけど、経済的に余裕がないので死ぬまで働き続けざるを得ない。I am nearly 60 years old, however, I have no choice but to keep working till I die because I have no excess money.
- 日本語を勉強し始めてから、やがて2年が経つ。It has been nearly 2 years since I have started studying Japanese.
No matter the book, it will come to an end before long. However, I wonder is that really true?
This is a philosophical sentence about the impact of the story living on in the person even after they have finished reading it.
I decided to teach Japanese and studied everyday. Before long I became a teacher.
It will have been three hours since I started searching for my glasses all too soon.
After a period of study spanning nearly 30 years, I will acquire a martial arts technique called the touch of death.
Although I will be 30 all too soon, I have neither money nor fame.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
There are no Offline resources listed for 「やがて」.
You can . Resources are constantly updated, come back later to see new additions!
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
やがて – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (1 in total)
What do you think? I know it’s a different nuance, but it seems like this is related to ついに, とうとう, いよいよ. Too different?
Got questions about やがて? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion