ついに + Phrase
- 遂に日本上陸！！！Finally it has arrived in Japan!!!
- 遂にドラゴンズが勝った！The Dragons have finally won!
- 遂に最後の日ですね、今まで色々とありがとうございました。Finally it is your last day. Thank you for everything up until now.
- とうとう今日で最後だね。今まで色々とありがとう。It's finally your last day. Thank you for everything up until now.
- 遂に結婚したのか！おめでとう！ (Natural)You finally married!? Congrats!
- 昨日貰った袋を遂に捨てた。 (Unnatural)I finally threw away the bag I bought yesterday.
I finally finished writing my thesis.
My grandchild outgrew me at last.
I was finally able to go to a restaurant known for its delicious food.
The snow, that had lasted for many days, finally stopped.
After failing repeatedly hundreds of times, I finally succeeded.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
遂に – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (2 in total)
I’m confused as when to use つい instead of ついに
つい - Used to indicate unintentionally doing something
ついに - Finally, at last
Got questions about 遂に? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion