もしも + Phrase［なら］(1)
もしも will be used at the beginning of sentences that include almost any form of hypothesis expression. For example, ば, と, なら, or ても.
- もしも、今年中に引っ越すのならば、僕が手伝ってやるよ。Supposing that you move within this year, I will help you.
- もしも仕事で怪我をすると、現場が止まるので気をつけてください。Supposing that you get hurt at work, the site will be shut down, so please be careful.
- もしも明日休みなら、一緒に博物館へいかない？Assuming you have a day off tomorrow, do you want to go to the museum with me?
- もしも彼がいたとしても、今日中には終わらなかっただろう。Supposing he were even here, don't you think we would not have been able to complete it by today?
- もし、また宿題を忘れたら親に電話をします。Assuming you forget your homework again, I will call your parents. (Calling their parents will be the result of forgetting their homework)
- たとえ、テストが難しくても最後まで諦めないで頑張ってください。If, for example, the test is hard, don't give up, and do your best until the very end. (If the test is difficult, doing your best is not a result, just one of many choices that could be made)
If Doraemon were here, he would help us.
ドラえもん is a name of a cat-shaped robot, which can solve any problem from the anime of the same name.
Even if I were Doraemon I would be unable to help.
If we are going to battle, I say we settle it with a game of Go.
If the plan becomes a reality, this town will become much easier to live in.
Sirix: 'If you were reborn, would you marry me again?'
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Word Reference Forum
The Japanese Man Yuta
There are no Offline resources listed for 「もしも～なら・もしも～でも」.
You can . Resources are constantly updated, come back later to see new additions!
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
もしも～なら・もしも～でも – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (5 in total)
It’s a paid site for vocabulary…
Japanese Core 6000 > Japanese Core 4000 > Japanese Core 4000: Step 6 - iKnow!
I haven’t quite understood the difference between もし and もしも. Can anybody please explain?
Got questions about もしも～なら・もしも～でも? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion