Phrase (A) + 逆に + Phrase (B)
- 手袋をはめた方が安全だと思うかもしれないが、手袋が回転部に巻き込まれると逆に危険なので、手袋を外してから作業をしてください。You may think it is safer to wear gloves, but on the contrary, it is dangerous because they could get caught in the rotating parts. So, please remove your gloves before working.
- 近道だと思っていたのに、地図アプリで調べてみたら逆に回り道だった事がわかった。I thought that it was a shortcut, but on the contrary, I found out that it was actually a detour when I checked on a map app.
- 食べやすいようにスパゲティを半分にして茹でたけど、逆に食べにくくなった。I broke the spaghetti in half to make it easier to eat, but on the contrary, it made it harder to eat.
- 逆に、何歳に見えますか？On the contrary, how old do I look?
- 逆に、ラーメンは？I don't care too much what we eat, how about ramen?
I heard that that story is true but on the contrary, it is hard to believe.
I thought that I would be late and hurried, but on the contrary, I made it with plenty of time.
The disease was on the verge of being healed, but I didn't take my medicine and on the contrary it got worse.
I thought it was cold and went wearing thick clothing. On the contrary, it was hot.
I thought if I went wearing shoes like these I would be laughed at, on the contrary people were envious of me.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
There are no Offline resources listed for 「逆に」.
You can . Resources are constantly updated, come back later to see new additions!
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
逆に – Grammar Discussion
There's currently no discussion for 逆に
Ask questions and learn together with other Bunpro users!